Sunday, February 6, 2011

Simply Marvelous Monday

Shelia at, Book Journey, gets all the credit for this one...

On Simply Marvelous Monday's here at Debbie's Book Bag, we want to know... What are you reading?

READ AND REVIEWED LAST WEEK:

The Fire in Ember by DiAnn Mills (My Review)
Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson (My Review)
Stars Collide (Backstage Pass - Book 1) by Janice Thompson (My Review)
The Case for Falling Love by Mari Ruti (My Review)
Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert (My Review)
All That's True by Jackie Lee Miles (My Review)

I had two other books on my list, Dead Until Dark and Wow: A Handbook for Living. I finished both books, but I had some other writing commitments that I had to take care of, so those reviews will probably show up sometime this week along with my regular list.

OTHER THINGS TO REMEMBER FROM LAST WEEK:

The Military Brats Giveaway
The Committed Giveaway
The 2011 Cozy Mystery Challenge February Review Link is now up!

READING AND REVIEWING THIS WEEK:

Darcy and Fitzwilliam: A Tale of a Gentleman and an Officer by Karen Wasylowski (For review from Sourcebooks)

The Matchmaker of Kenmare: A Novel of Ireland by Frank Delaney (For review from Random House)

A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness (For review from Penguin/Viking)

Mr. Darcy's Secret by Jane Odiwe (For review from Sourcebooks)

Moonface by Angela Balcita (For review from TLC Tours)

A Gift of Grace (Kauffman Amish Bakery - Book 1) by Amy Clipston (For review from Zondervan)

Deliver Us From Evil by Robin Caroll (For review from B & H publishing)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great week. I'm curious about Darcy and Fitzwilliam. I hope you enjoy it!

Jennifer said...

The Matchmaker of Kenmare and Moonface are both on the shelf waiting to be read. Have a fabulous week reading.
My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/02/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-25.html

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I love the cover of The Matchmaker of Kenmare...and the idea of a story set in Ireland captured my interest.

Here's my MONDAY MEMES

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

WOO awesome books this week and you used the new meme button - AHHHHH!!! Thank You! :)

I am so glad you are a part of this weekly meme and I so enjoy popping over and seeing what you are reading.

pussreboots said...

Pretty covers on the books you're reading. I mostly read picture books, manga, short stories and text books last week. Come see what I'm reading now.

Anonymous said...

Yoy've got some great books there! I read Moonface last week and enjoyed it a lot. My review will be up later this week. Hope you'll enjoy it, too!

Mystica said...

I am waiting for the reviews!

Majanka said...

You're lucky! So many beautiful novels you get to read and review. Especially love the ones about Darcy and Deliver Us From Evil. Enjoy reading.

Here's what I'm reading this week.

Kristin said...

My book club is reading Major Pettigrew's Last Stand this month and I need to get it to start reading!

My It's Monday post can be found here.

Crystal (I totally paused!) said...

I'm sooooo jealous that you're reading Discovery of Witches! That one really looks fantastic :)

Have a great week! Mine is at:
http://www.dorolerium.com/?p=2237

Joy Weese Moll said...

Thanks for the Gilbert review -- I've also been hesitant because I liked her previous book so much. Now, I feel more confident that I will like Committed, too, if for different reasons.

Great list for this week--Happy Reading!

Here's my Monday!

justpeachy36 said...

Shelia,

I really enjoy being a part of this meme. I have a great time reading your meandering's every morning too... I don't always have the time to reply, but I read and smile...

justpeachy36 said...

A Discovery of Witches is probably one of the best books I have read for a long time in this genre. The YA world seems to have cornered the market on really good paranormal writing until now... I'm excited to see where this one is gonna go! (There are a few exceptions of course...)

dollycas aka Lori said...

I am so late today and you have to stop giving such good book ideas, I will never be able to read them all!!!

Dollycas
http://dollycas.blogspot.com/

kavyen said...

Moonface looks like an interesting book. I also liked some of these cover designs.

Happy reading!