Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Review: All Night Long

My Synopsis:

All Night Long by Jayne Ann Krentz

(On audio from the public library)

Irene Stenson and Pamela Webb had been friends for one summer when they were teenagers. It ended on the tragic night that Irene came home to find her parents dead. The town of Dunster was quick to rule it a murder-suicide, but Irene was never convinced.

Several years later, Irene receives a cryptic e-mail from Pamela asking her to meet her in Dursley. She has information about the past and used a super-secret teenage code from their past to let Irene know it was very important.

Irene, who is now a reporter and her new found friend, Luke Danner, ex-marine and owner of the local lodge must piece together the events of that long ago summer night and figure out a new mystery that has surfaced right along with their passionate feelings for each other.

Will Irene find out what really happened to her parents? What does Pamela have to do with it all? Is Luke interested in Irene or in connecting the dots? You'll have to read to find out...

My Thoughts:

This my first experience with Jayne Ann Krentz and I find that I really like her style. It is easy to see why she is considered one of the best in her genre. All Night Long is a book that is about romance, mystery, and family dynamics.

Krentz allows the reader to follow not only the main story that involves the murder of Irene's parents, but the underlying theme of how some families appear to be perfect on the outside, but are far from it behind closed doors.

I found it interesting that both the hero, Luke and the heroine, Irene, suffered from symptoms of PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder), certainly not a theme that is found very often in the typical romance. But, this book was a lot more. I would probably term it more of romantic thriller.

The passion was hot, but not too steamy. Just enough to get the reader to the point of using their own imagination and I certainly indulged and used mine LOL...

Overall I enjoyed this book very much. I give it 4 out 5 apples from my book bag.



3 comments:

dobby said...

I loved this book, too. I wish JAK would go back to writing these types of books instead of her Arcane series. I don't really like the new series.

EVA SB said...

This author's books are very popular in our local library and your review is intriguing. I really must read one and find out what all the fuss is about

Shy said...

I've never really read anything by this author but have heard of her books before. Sounds great!